Wednesday, September 24, 2008

miss independence


"no! i do it!"

it seems like lately this is all i hear, all day, here in our household. and it's wearing me thin. ava is exerting some serious independence. while i give her many opportunities to do most everything by herself, there's times when i must put my foot down, especially when it comes to pouring milk in her cup, cooking, changing/feeding emaline and the potty. and when those moments come when i insist on assisting, watch out... fury unleashed!

no, really don't let that cute face fool you.


in other news, bryce and i attended a meeting last night for our newest calling: ward roadshow specialists. calling all jazz hands!
you know you're in for it when in the info packet they hand out it actually reads:
"you will be stressed, but you will be blessed."

that's supposed to be a joke, right?

14 comments:

jaime said...

road. show. specialist.

so so so awesome.

i have some serious memories of my mom directing multiple road shows. good times for sure. if you need some help/ideas, call shauna, she's a pro.

Anonymous said...

They must be talking about us right so do we tell them the story of us right now or not.

nevedobson said...

haha... that's awesome! you've got the spirit with the jazz hands comment...

Lorie said...

Such a fun stage! Next comes the I will do it when I am older stage. (when you want them to do things like not wear diapers or buckle their own seat belts!) :D

kayleen said...

"...you will be blessed." that line is almost too perfect.

oh mormons. you so crazy.

chelsea :: stock said...

L. O. L.

yeup so funny I resorted to cliche acronyms.

I didn't even know that was a calling... but since the dentons are all so musically inclined, you kinda were destined....

good luck, God speed.

Unknown said...

nice! your first musical project should be putting on "Red, White and Blaine" the musical.

Maren said...

oh, you poor poor thing! actually, i think heidi (from work) had that calling and loved it...if i remember correctly. good luck.

i am right there with ya sista with the miss independent thing. all i hear all day is MINE! NO MINE! it gets old fast but sometimes i get a good laugh out of it. one day we will miss it.....

The Giles said...

It must be the terrible two's because that is pretty much all that comes out of Noah's mouth-"i do it","no i sing it, not you", "don't say that mama, i say it".
Only a few more months to go. Hang in there!


ps-i didn't know that the church still did roadshows! It will be so much fun!

The Bradford's said...

Ok I love your babies! What the heck, why don't my kids look like this. I haven't seen in in so long. When can we play? Maybe it will be a better play date than last time?

sarah said...

you should've never bragged about bryce's musical talents here. that started the wheels a'turnin. but oh my gosh, that was a definite lol. a loud lol. i didn't even know roadshows were around anymore.




yep, still lol'ing.

nicole said...

Ruby and Ava are so much alike, it's not even funny!

And about the roadshow?...I'm just glad it's not me...ha ha ha.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with...I'm sure it will be wonderful!

MaMaMaMandy said...

Don't worry- Ava's "CUTE" face has never fooled me...the first time she got unglued when Owen closelined her I knew she'd be a sensitive one. I think this is the stage in life that we are just meant to "endure". YIKES!

PS- what is with Mormon culture anyways?! I just want to know what the "point" of a roadshow is anyways. Just another "something" to add to the already humungus load we've got going on? The "roadshow" must have been thought up by a mormon that only decided to have 1 kid. Sheesh. I feel your pain.

Annie said...

dude my sister-in-law (lorie) left you a comment on here...crazy how blogs get around! um why are your posts becoming farther apart? i so enjoy them!